Thursday, October 05, 2006

holiday haibun

Well, as it turns out I won't be making the multi-state grouse odyssey this year. Numerous factors have converged to keep me from making the extended trip: namely the price of gas but also the condition of my setter, who is slowly recovering from knee surgery. Be that as it may, I am taking the long weekend to go up and join my hunting haiku brethren on a combined northern zone duck opener and grouse hunt. We'll be at Black Lake, north of Watertown. I should be back in haiku land sometime next Tuesday or Wednesday. While Cagey, Dr. Dirt, Mr. Bill, Frank Zappai, and I are all off playing, I leave Hunting Haiku Daily in the capable hands of the Texas Haijin and Mr. Mike. Have fun.


the note
on the office door -
Gone Fishing

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

jt,
have a safe and pro duck tive
trip.
lm


beaver dam
amongst the twigs & brambles
a popsicle stick

Thursday, October 05, 2006 9:39:00 PM  
Blogger Jim Tantillo said...

howdy boys, somehow I inducktively knew you'd be commenting.

Had a great weekend--saw ducks, got some too, also some woodcock and grouse. Wrote about one of the ducks over on the "other" blog, you might find it mildly amusing. I'm sure there will be more stories to follow.

Tuesday, October 10, 2006 10:43:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home